An estate with over four centuries of history in Cartagena de Indias
Casa Pombo is among the oldest houses in the city. Built on a lot highly prized since the period for its location next to the Cathedral and the State Capitol, with and open view of Bolivar Square, the main plaza of the walled city.
Pombo House has foundations dating back to the beginnings of Cartagena, wich was sttled in 1533. In 1804, this aristocratic mansion belonged to Don Manuel de Anguiano, commanding officier of the Rotal Army and later hero of the War for the Independence. The Pombo family, with Cartagena tradition and noble heritage, the assure in their next 150 years of ownership and exceptional conservation of the house’s colonial architectural features